We all know the significance of self care for ourselves, but what about self care for our pups? One way to nourish your pup’s happiness and health is with DIY dog treats! With so many recipes to choose from we decided to highlight the ones that are nutritionally beneficial as well as ones that are pawfectly tasty! YUM!
*Some key notes to consider when following these recipes are to heed your pup’s allergies. We also include substitutes to these ingredient lists so each recipe is friendly for pups with common allergies.*
One of our top recipes we loved was for one of our favorite pups Rara and baked by our founder Rei! The original recipe was developed by Kristen from A Mindful Mom.
- 1 cup oats
- 1 egg
- 1 over-ripe banana
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter (or some other nut butter)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mash all the ingredients until well combined.
- Scoop onto a rounded tablespoon onto a cookie sheet. Flatten slightly with a fork.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Cool.
Rara was our exquisite taste tester and she totally devoured these dog cookies! This recipe is great for pups with sensitive stomachs!
- Peanut Butter: Peanut butter in moderation is a great source of protein and healthy fats for dogs.
- Eggs: Eggs are a great source of protein and provide amino acids and vitamins to your dog’s diet.
- *Substitute for Eggs, Flaxseeds: Flaxseeds are loaded with fiber and protein as well as good fats for dog’s diets.
- Bananas: Bananas are a significant source of potassium, magnesium and even electrolytes.
- Oats: Oats contain a lot of fiber, antioxidants, and vitamins and minerals.
*Share your best recipe and pup taste tester pics with us and we will feature your pup across our social pages! Now doesn’t that sound tasty?! Give us a bark at firstname.lastname@example.org!